ubuntu-gaming team mailing list archive

Re: Possibly a great Idea to reach more players

Thanks Ryan.

That comes closer to what I thought about.
Btw. you dismissed something.I plan to use the frontend as a replacement for
the normal Desktop environment, so that not XFCE is started by the
loginmanager like gdm. The frontend will be game oriented, but it can use
whatever program can be installed on Ubuntu.
You also may build your own frontend so that you can choose which
applications you want to use often and you can use them directly by a click
on the related entry / widget on the frontend. So you can use your browser,
pidgin, whatever program you want to.

Djl looks nice, maybe I could lend some ideas from it ;-)

Have a nice day,
Barde