ubuntu-gaming team mailing list archive

Re: AMD/ATI vs NVIDIA vs Intel

I do have an Intel (on laptop), AMD (integrated and discrete) and
Nvidia (2 x discrete).

Intel on 9.04 is acceptable using the repos with the latest drivers,
but with the original drivers was a mess. Now I can run Blender
without issues. The screen freezes sometime and there were some
crashes when starting a second X session or logging out from X
(without shuting down). I haven't seen those in a while, but I tend to
avoid them now that I consider them as 'dangerous' operations.

ATI was ok, but had trouble with outputing video on my TV without
tearing. That was a stopper for me, so I've replaced it with a cheap
Nvidia.

Now I use Nvidia on both my desktops (with the proprietary drivers). I
am satisfied with them, though I admit I would prefer an open-source
solution.

Cheers,

Ionutz