ubuntu-gaming team mailing list archive

Fwd: AMD/ATI vs NVIDIA vs Intel

Fwd'd.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Vivirito <gnomefreak@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 21:37
Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-gaming] AMD/ATI vs NVIDIA vs Intel
To: ubuntu-devel-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 06/22/2009 09:36 AM, Remco wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 10:57 AM, Ryan Swart<serjndestroy@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>> Well, Intel adopting Moblin might see them becoming a much stronger Linux
>> partner, but then again, you never know what clandestine things are going
on
>> in the background dealings (although moblin looks really cool now, so
>> personally I'm glad about Intel's involvement).
>
> And I think Intel is heavily involved with the Xorg project. Aren't a
> couple of Intel guys leading the project now?
>
>> Nvidia drivers have never given me trouble under Linux
> If you want to try the Nouveau drivers, you should install Fedora 11
> on a USB stick and add nouveau.modeset=1 to GRUB. That's a really easy
> way to test it, without messing up your Ubuntu install.
>
> Remco

We have the free drivers in the following PPA
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/xorg-edgers/ppa/ubuntu karmic main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/xorg-edgers/ppa/ubuntu karmic main
Please let it be known the packages in this repo are not
"stable" and may not work.
Had to add that so people dont blame me when they fail
to work :).
I have nothing to do with those packages other than a user

Crap i lost the gaming mailing list email can someone please
forward this to that list.

--
Sincerely Yours,
   John Vivirito

https://launchpad.net/~gnomefreak
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JohnVivirito
Linux User# 414246

"How can i get lost, if i have no where to go"
   -- Metallica from Unforgiven III