ubuntu-gnome-dev team mailing list archive

Make gnome-session-wayland a transitional pkg?

Tim,

What do you think about making gnome-session-wayland a transitional
package and including its functionality in the gnome-session package
instead?

This is undoing https://launchpad.net/bugs/1414256

Incidentally, I just realized that the original Ubuntu GNOME 16.04
iso's include gnome-session-wayland but the 16.04.1 version does not.
There was a problem earlier this year where packages removed from the
metapackage weren't being removed from the seeds which make the iso's.
I need to do a ubuntu-gnome-meta upload anyway to restore gnome-maps.
Should I add gnome-session-wayland to desktop-recommends?

Anyway, gnome-session-wayland is already included in Ubuntu GNOME
16.10. Actually making it the default session is a different issue…

Jeremy

Follow ups