ubuntu-gnome team mailing list archive

can not play movies over gvfs mounted samba share

I'm not sure if this is specific to UGR or Ubuntu 12.10 in general.  I can
not play movies using either totem or vlc over a samba file share that is
mounted with gvfs.  If I mount it manually with mount.cifs then I can play
movies fine.  Gedit can open text files over the gvfs mount, but I can not
play movies.  I thought maybe it has something to do with how the
mountpoint is named since it has special characters in the name, but I can
not find any way to configure this.  Any help with this is appreciated and
sorry if this is the wrong place for such an issue.  If nobody has any
ideas on how to resolve, I'll install the standard Ubuntu 12.10 and see if
it also has the issue.

Thanks,

James