From: Jeremy Bicha <jbicha@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Ubuntu-gnome] Dropping GNOME Classic from the default install
To: "ubuntu-gnome" <ubuntu-gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, November 12, 2012, 12:18 PM

I think we should drop GNOME Classic from the default install for
Ubuntu GNOME 13.04. I added it for 12.10 because I figured it didn't
take too much space and would be a nice feature for those that like
the old style.

Now that GNOME is removing "fallback" support from
gnome-settings-daemon and elsewhere for 3.8, I think it's likely that
GNOME Classic won't exist in the next LTS, Ubuntu 14.04. I think that
if we continue to ship it by default that we'll give users a false
impression that GNOME Classic is supportable in future releases.

Users who like the classic style should either continue with Ubuntu
12.04 LTS, or use GNOME Shell extensions to get a similar feel. See
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/685744 for some of the discussion about
those extensions.

Jeremy