ubuntu-gnome team mailing list archive

Re: Software Center instead of gnome-packagekit

On 3 December 2012 15:18, Everaldo Canuto <everaldo.canuto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, we should help, we as developers and fans must help so we can (again)
> use the two apt-get lines to get this pure GNOME.

Please, let's be honest here. If you get firefox by default, you are not
going to install Web to get pure gnome. Nor do I.  If we get USC, I don't
think anyone will install software. No one is going to install applications
just to test and raise bugs. Even if one or two guys test applications,
that will not cover all the scenarios etc.

So, thinking about end users, they are not going to have a
> less-powerful desktop just because we think they must help GNOME to be
> improved.
>

> Why not deliver something good for end users by default and we can tweak
> our installations to help GNOME.

What makes you think that the end users always use the default
applications? If that were the case USC will not be this popular.

*Thanks,*
Justin Joseph