ubuntu-gnome team mailing list archive

Re: Enabling Ubuntu One in GNOME Remix

Jeremy and list

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 4:37 PM, Jeremy Bicha <jbicha@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 3 December 2012 19:34, Jeremy Bicha <jbicha@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Personally, I really don't like the look of the Ubuntu One client. I
>> submitted 3 "look and feel" bugs immediately after the rewrite in Qt
>> became the default but those bugs have basically been ignored.

I get what you're saying about the client; however, as the client is
mainly used once to set up the account and then afterward ignored,
it's probably not a big deal.  The cloud synchronized storage is a big
deal.

> One more thing: the next version of Ubuntu One won't show up in System
> Settings when running GNOME but it will still be available in the
> Activities Overview like other apps.

In my opinion, having it in the Activities Overview is fine.  Not
having it in the System Settings panel doesn't matter.

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen@xxxxxxxxx

C'est ma façon de parler.