From: chris hermansen <clhermansen@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-gnome] Abiword/Gnumeric or LibreOffice in GNOME Remix?
To: "Jeremy Bicha" <jbicha@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "ubuntu-gnome" <ubuntu-gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, December 3, 2012, 6:38 PM

Jeremy and list

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Jeremy Bicha <jbicha@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 3 December 2012 18:42, chris hermansen <clhermansen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> +1 for LibreOffice
>
> Instead of just voting, it'd be useful if you'd explain why you think
> we should choose one or the other.

In my opinion, a big part of writing documents is exchanging them with others.

LibreOffice Writer does a much better job of supporting "the most
common" formats than does Abiword.

Not that LibreOffice is perfect in that respect, either; but in my
relatively recent experience Abiword's abilities to interchange
documents with the vast majority of users out there is not good.

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen@xxxxxxxxx

C'est ma façon de parler.