ubuntu-gnome team mailing list archive

Naming of the Remix

Hi all,

I know this topic is not new, but I just wanted to recall it because I ran into the following problems:

I wanted to suggest the GNOME Remix to a bunch of friends and told them to google for GNOME Ubuntu Remix.

Sadly this does not return usable results, at least in the German version of google.

The idea of a brand would be that it can be identified easily. I would be glad if I could point ppl to just search for e.g. gubuntu and the first result would be the GNOME remix.

I personally still like gubuntu as it fits well with the rest of the spins like Lubuntu, Xubuntu or Kubuntu. I don't even care if google has an interal distribution called goobuntu. This is not public so it should not matter to us.

Greetings
Marcus

Follow ups