ubuntu-hams-devel team mailing list archive

Re: Willing to Help | Packaging section

Subin,

I'm sorry I didn't respond immediately - I've been at the Ubuntu Developer
Summit and just returned to the US. I am too tired to give you a coherent
answer right now, but we had a session at UDS for ubuntu-hams and discussed
a lot of topics including getting more applications packages which aren't
currently packaged. So this is an area that would benefit everyone. There
are people on the list more familiar with packaging than me (they were at
UDS also), and they will respond soon, I am sure.

We didn't discuss binary packaging - but no matter what we do, we need to
create wiki pages for how to do it or reference existing pages from the
ubuntu-hams wiki.

We're also going to be starting an effort to enable developers to perform
translation work for ham apps, using the Ubuntu translations framework. We
will work with the translations team to help with that. If translation is
something you are interested in helping with, then you should hear more
soon.

Someone will be in touch soon, as soon as the UDS "hangover" goes away and
we get some sleep.

Thank you for your interest!

Steve AI4QR