ubuntu-hams-devel team mailing list archive

Re: Willing to Help | Packaging section

Doh... lists.ubuntu.com != lists.launchpad.net

On Sat, 2010-05-15 at 18:39 -0500, Steve Conklin wrote:
> Subin,
>

> I'm sorry I didn't respond immediately - I've been at the Ubuntu
> Developer Summit and just returned to the US. I am too tired to give
> you a coherent answer right now, but we had a session at UDS for
> ubuntu-hams and discussed a lot of topics including getting more
> applications packages which aren't currently packaged. So this is an
> area that would benefit everyone. There are people on the list more
> familiar with packaging than me (they were at UDS also), and they will
> respond soon, I am sure.
>

> We didn't discuss binary packaging - but no matter what we do, we need
> to create wiki pages for how to do it or reference existing pages from
> the ubuntu-hams wiki.

Steve, et al,

I too am interested in maybe adopting some packages, but I'll need
someone to mentor me in packaging and in the whole process, actually.
It's a bit different from building RPMs, from what I've seen, but seems
like something useful and fun to do in my copious (*wink) amounts of
spare time.

So, when we all get back to normal (I'm about to fall over, myself) I'd
be happy to take up a package or two and learn all about the process.

Cheers and 73,
Jeff
W4KDH

--