Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 09:05:57 -0400
From: David A. Lane <kg4giy1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pr:10408] Looking for a few good articles
To: pr list <pr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Good morning,

Call this a reverse media hit that could lead to more.

For those that don't know, part of my life is as a blogger for the Linux
Journal magazine (http://www.linuxjournal.com).  As an Amateur, I
occasionally blog about Open Source in Amateur Radio (or Amateur Radio
using Open Source).

Today the editor of the Linux Journal asked me to shake the trees and
see 1) If there is interest in the Amateur Community in contributing
articles to the magazine on their use of Open Source software and 2) If
there is interest in seeing these sorts of articles in the magazine.

So, I am shaking the trees!  Anyone using or developing Open Source
software for use in the Amateur community (and we will use the broadest
definitions here) and interested in writing or contributing, could you
drop me a note direct (kg4giy@xxxxxxxx)?

At this point it is in the interest gathering stage, but I will keep you
posted as we progress.  If nothing else, maybe a few new articles for
QST will come out of it.

Thanks,

DAVID