ubuntu-hams team mailing list archive

Re: Contest logger project

Hi Nate and the group..

I also have an 'on-going' hacking project on a contest logger.
- Based on 'xlog' (Ubuntu package)
- My changes are in a git repository here:
    http://git.mawsonlakes.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=paul/xlog
- Written in c.

I attempting to convert the GUI GTK to libglade to make it more
customisable at runtime, and suitable for other radio logging other
than just contests... (eg nets, message passing) and I am treating it
as a personal learning project.

There are some common things that would help both projects..

- standardised log format (eg. use SQLlite, or a tagged LDAP type format)
- well defined data entry 'flow'.
- standard 'hot/shortcut keys'

xlog currently uses a fixed testfile format. You can add fields, but
removing fields will delete historical data.

I was also blogging about my progress.. before that came to a grinding halt.
http://mawsonlakesorg.blogspot.com/2010/03/part-3a-xlog-preparing-to-hack.html

Cheers and 73's
Paul - VK5FPAW