ubuntu-hams team mailing list archive

Re: Contest logger project

I'm interested, but I'm not sure I have any more time to contribute to
new projects, and I'm not a terribly effective Perl hacker.

However, here's my in-process project:

I hacked an xml export function into xlog that creates an xml data file.
The data in the file is simple ADIF data in XML format, as I needed XML
data for an experimental QSO mapping tool I mocked up using google
maps.

I am interested in specifying and implementing data formats for
interoperability between ham apps, and will probably follow any project
with an eye on that. I would like to see apps implement a set of hooks
that can be used on top of changing data formats and transports, since
these are not well defined or standardized yet.

That's compatible with the goal of supporting different logging file
formats (SQL, XMLRPC, whatever), so whatever project(s) move forward,
this is the area I'm most interested in.

I can almost promise you that I will not produce anything meaningful on
these projects by field day.

Steve