ubuntu-hams team mailing list archive

Re: Upgrading Xastir? 1.9.9 available

On Mon, 2010-07-12 at 21:49 -0700, Kamal Mostafa wrote:
> A build of xastir 1.9.9 (2010-Jul-01 snapshot) is now available in my
> Ubuntu PPA:
> https://launchpad.net/~kamalmostafa/+archive/xastir
>
> Feedback about whether this build is reasonably functional will be most
> appreciated!  (I've done basically zero testing with this build).
>
> 73 de KA6MAL
>
>  -Kamal

Works mostly FB on Lucid. I uninstalled a previous version before
pulling from your PPA, so may not have encountered any dependency
problems.

The only problem I noticed, was that when setting up an internet server
interface, I had to restart xastir before seeing any stations in the
incoming traffic. I did see the successful connects, and tried stopping
and starting the I/F, but didn't see any stations until I restarted the
application.

I have not installed any custom maps yet.

Steve AI4QR