ubuntu-hams team mailing list archive

Initial packaging of D-Rats for Debian and Ubuntu.

I've been working to get d-rats packaged for Debian (and Ubuntu).
I finally have a candidate package and have asked for review by the
debian community. I've also placed the package in my PPA, so anyone
interested can check it out.

https://launchpad.net/~sconklin/+archive/hampackages/+packages

D-Rats is a chat, file transfer, and mapping program for use with D-Star
radios. More information here:

http://d-rats.danplanet.com/

I was helped a lot by the upstream maintainer Dan Smith, and by the
previous packaging work that had been done by Mike Heitmann. Dan folded
a number of changes back into the upstream code to help make this work.

If you're interested, please check it out and let me know if you find
anything broken. Functionality to send files in winlink formats does not
work because it relied on a binary executable used for file compression,
which is difficult to build and for which the source code license and
copyright are unclear. I don't think many Linux users will miss that
functionality.

73,

Steve, AI4QR

The Debian source package is available here:
http://www.ai4qr.com/debian/