ubuntu-hams team mailing list archive

Re: [ANN] Hamlib 1.2.12 released

Hamlib 1.2.12 has been packaged and uploaded for Debian (unstable):
http://packages.qa.debian.org/h/hamlib.html
However it will not make it into the imminent Debian Squeeze release.

Hamlib 1.2.12 will appear in the upcoming Ubuntu Maverick release.
Unofficial packages for the current Ubuntu Lucid release are also
available:
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-hams/+archive/ppa

Note to USB kit radio users:
The Debian and Ubuntu hamlib 1.2.12 packages include a new udev entry
which eliminates the need to use 'sudo' with the USB kit radios that
have an embedded FTDI or VOTI AVRusb controller (elektor507,
si570avrusb, dwt) and probably also for people using some USB serial
converter cables/dongles:

73 de KA6MAL

 -Kamal