ubuntu-hams team mailing list archive

Re: UDS-N

On Thu, 2010-09-16 at 15:34 -0400, Jeff Lane wrote:
> With UDS-N coming up quickly, I was starting to wonder if we were going
> to try for a Ubuntu Hams session or get-together or whatever...
>
> Heh... since it's in Florida, it could be easy enough for some of us to
> bring rigs and such and set up a special event station or something ;-)
>
> But anyway, just wondering if you all had thought about whether or not
> to get together some time during UDS, either officially or unofficially.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jeff

I'm all for it. I'll try to set up a session, but it's too early to know
if that's possible. If not, we should schedule an evening for ham stuff.
If all goes to plan, I'll be bringing a SDR and be able to show that
working under Ubuntu (I also plan to try to make some contacts if
possible).

Speaking of that, maybe we should see if we can find a place to meet on
an outdoor patio or rooftop garden to play radio and show and tell -
I'll follow up on that.

73,

Steve AI4QR