ubuntu-hams team mailing list archive

Pulseaudio in Fldigi

Back in January I posted the same question and received zero responses.
Surely there is someone who knows the answer to this.

I am locally compiling Fldigi and as Pulseaudio is installed, I'd like
to use it.  I'm converting to Maverick on my main desktop (for various
reasons) and find that trying to install Portaudio-dev breaks some other
installed libraries.  On this machine there is the onboard AC-97 sound
and a separate SB PCI-512 which I use for system sounds.  With Portaudio
it is easy to select the sound card in Fldigi and it works well.  I have
yet to figure out the magic incantation for Pulseaudio to select a
specific sound card.  The Sound Preferences dialog shows both devices
and Fldigi defaults to the SB PCI-512 as I have it set for sound output.

Any help from a Pulseaudio guru would be most appreciated.

73, de Nate >>