ubuntu-hams team mailing list archive

Re: fldigi (et. all) programs bundling of xmlrpc++

This also affects Ubuntu as well.

When building from source the first item should be "flxmrpc" then all
the other programs which one desires. That way the library compiles in
correctly with each of the other programs as they are run through the
build process.

Dave
KB3EFS

On 05/05/2015 03:53 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Just an FYI I am the Fedora maintainer of the Flxxx suite of programs
> and ended up having to request a bundling exception from the Fedora
> committee which was ultimately denied.
>
> In response, Dave (w1hkj) made a stand alone library, flxmlrpc,
> available on the usual download page which is automatically built with
> if available.
>
> Since Debian has a similar packaging rule about bundled libraries I
> thought I would let you know.
>
> Thanks,
> Richard
> KF5OIM