ubuntu-hams team mailing list archive

Re: new member RE: system requirements for Ubuntu ham software

Hi guys,

Whether it will work or not is also dependent on what your objectives
are.  I don't keep track of what is out there that still uses under 1Gb
of RAM.  I know some distributions don't fit with half of that
available.  It will not work for anything that requires a fast CPU
(SDR would be a good example).  If all your going to do is logging
or controlling a rig then it would probably be fine.   It would however
be a bit limited and I would think work with only a few (if any) current
distributions.

Dave
KU4B