ubuntu-hams team mailing list archive

cqrlog pain

What a fiasco, trying to install and then uninstall CQRlog. NOW I remember why I'm not running it. It wants to install "MarianDB" and the first time I tried it I allowed that and my whole system had a fatal error - so this time I chose NOT to use MarianDB, but then CQRlog wouldn't work. So I uninstalled - OOOh! How that sucked!! Pieces wouldn't come out, my system has an error. I spent the next 1/2 hour googling how to get out of that mess and FINALLY figured out I had to INSTALL marian to fully get rid of MARIAN (even though I chose NO to that in the install) and THEN purge out CQRlog.

I hope I remember never to install it again. I am not capable of using the installation process properly, I guess - because that's TWICE I've done it and both times my system ended up a mess.

I guess I'll have to stick with one of the other logging programs.