ubuntu-hams team mailing list archive

Re: On the Air - KK6VHH

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all replies and advice! I have added the local repeaters and I
can hear people talking sometimes but I haven't got any responses to my
CQs... I am going to put up an antenna ( I have just been trying in the car
from inside a bunch of tree cover). W6EK is the group in my area and I will
be joining them at their next meeting.

I have been monitoring 144.39 APRS station and I am hearing data streams.
Working on getting fldigi to decode them now ( something to do with linbpq
AKA bpq32 I believe??)

As far as my modem goes, I have built a usb audio modem using an EasyDigi
isolation board from ebay.
The usb audio card resets or crashes when I try to transmit on high power
(baufeng UV5-r) but on low power it is OK. I tried to fix it by making a
Faraday cage with some metal screen and wrapping my modem set up in that,
but a 5w transmission still crashes it for some reason. I have ordered some
ferrite chokes to see if that helps.

-ww6vhh