ubuntu-hams team mailing list archive

Compiling ax25

Seeing a lot of emails about ax25 and it being used.

Does anyone have a write up or notes that I can utilize to configure it
properly? The write ups I have seen years ago seemed to be decades out of
date even then.

My next questions would be the reason why I would go through the trouble of
configuring it?

What are the benefits of a ax25 configuration over a JNOS setup?

The local VHF digital group (that remains in the area) are still pushing
JNOS. Are they compatible?

I am also assuming I need a tnc be it an old kpc9612 or a tnc-pi in kiss
mode connected to make this all work correctly.

I have looked into this in the past quickly but just never sat down and
gave it any serious thought or time.

More a tinkerer, breaker, fixer here.

I also posted this to the raspberry_pi_4_hams yahoo group also.

James W8ISS