ubuntu-l10n-bem team mailing list archive

Re: IRC Channel

On 17/05/2011 3:29 AM, Samuel Gyger wrote:

I tried to setup an IRC Channel as said under #l10n-bem, but it was
deleted after a few hours (about 3). So I suspect you have to follow a
certain procedure. I don't know, although I asked in the
#ubuntu-translators channel. But okay, now I created a channel
##l10n-bem, as far as I know at the moment, it's allowed to create
wildly channels with two #. If we can find out how to use the channel
with one # we can later redirect this channel there and use then the
other one.

Greets,
Samuel
I didn't communicate what I intednded here...

What I really meant was to sit on #ubuntu-translators when dpw is present, & prompt him with questions about your application. You can shorten responses from days to seconds that way.

I have also done what you experimented with, Samuel, but haven't noticed any expiry - that's not to say that it didn't happen. I have observed that bots (not a real person, so don't bother trying to chat to them) are present on some channels. I have suspected that they are used to keep the channel open when everybody leaves.
--
Greg