ubuntu-l10n-cy team mailing list archive

Re: Doubts about plural forms, and parts of speech

Don't forget that in Welsh, when talking about multiples of something,
we don't use the plural from of the noun.

E.g. One Dog is Un Ci
Two Dogs is Dau Gi (the noun is mutated, but not pluralised)
Three Dogs is Tri Chi (again, another mutation)
Four Dogs is Pedwar Ci (back to normal)
Five Dogs is Pump Ci
Six Dogs is Chwe Chi (an abbreviated "chwech" for Six and, oops,
another mutation)

Fun, isn't it?

Best wishes,

Marcus