ubuntu-l10n-de-community team mailing list archive

[Fwd: Call for testing of the first language pack update for Ubuntu 11.10 (FULL UPDATE)]

FYI: Aufruf zum Testen des ersten aktualisierten Sprachpakets für Ubuntu
11.10 bis zum 09.11.2011. Siehe E-Mail im Anhang.

Gruß,

--
Dennis Baudys

      email: thecondor@xxxxxxxx
 GPG key-ID: E4A9FB08
fingerprint: CB9A 86FF 1C20 0426 3912
             0276 3A78 E23F E4A9 FB08

Prüfer (vorübergehend inaktiv) im deutschen
Ubuntu-Übersetzer-Team

  launchpad: ~thecondordb
--- Begin Message ---
Hi translators,

Ubuntu 11.10 the Oneiric Ocelot was released two weeks ago and it is
therefore time for the first language pack update. This fist update
will allow us to quickly correct any potential high priority problems.
Furthermore, for this release there was some problems, that caused the
translation of the documentation for some modules to be left out of
the release. This has now been fixed and in order to make sure that
everyone gets all the translations that you have worked on, it is
therefore __very important__ that we get as many as possible language
packs release this time.

We've uploaded the language packs to the oneiric-proposed repository
for you to test before they are released to all users. These should
contain all your updates and fixes in translations done since the
release date.

I'd like to ask teams to test them and provide an indication that
they've done so by following some simple steps and submitting a
signoff, so that we know that translations have been successfully
tested.

Simply follow the instructions in this page and add your team's
signoff in the appropriate table:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/LanguagePackUpdatesQA
PLEASE NOTE. That since this is a full update, including
documentation, you must also perform the documentation tests described
at the end of the page.

The deadline for the testing is the 9th of November (in two week's
time). After that, we'll update the language packs we've received
feedback for into oneiric-updates, so that all users can benefit from
the new translations and fixes.

Remember that you'll have to to enable the oneiric-proposed repository
to get these updates:

 https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/EnableProposed

Notes
-----

Remember that now you can subscribe to the iCal feed to stay up to
date with language pack updates and better coordinate your work:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/OneiricLanguagePackReleaseSchedule

Thank you for your help in testing translations for all users in your language!

Regards,
Kenneth.
(on behalf of the Ubuntu translations coordinators)