ubuntu-l10n-de-community team mailing list archive

Re: Latest Natty language pack testing

Hi Kenneth!

Thanks for your email. I hope you don't mind that I'm not only replying
to you but also CC'ing this email to the German Translators mailing list
as well as the International Translators mailing list – because I think
this could be helpful.

Am Dienstag, den 27.03.2012, 08:07 +0000 schrieb TLE:
> Hallo
>
> My name is Kenneth, and I'm responsible for the language pack update
> work. I have read your testing feedback on the latest Natty language
> packs,

For better understanding (to the international email recipients) of what
is meant by »feedback«, here is the summary of things [0] again, that
I've discovered while recently testing the 6th (German) language pack
update for Natty (PS: the German translators should already be informed
about this):

 * Banshee appears partly untranslated though translations exist [1]

 * Help (Desktop Guide) appears HEAVILY untranslated though
   translations exist [2]

 * ibus-? appears to not have fetched current translation for
   »Keyboard Layout« or has an i18n issue with that window title [3]

 * Help/Document »… layout-view« not found [3]

> and I'm interested to know whether the problems you describe are
> regressions, i.e. whether some of these things were in a better shape
> before the new language pack.

Unfortunately I can't tell, if the before mentioned issues are
regressions, because I neither have used Natty before nor after the
language pack update – to be honest. The reason for this is to long to
explain, but I'm still using the great Maverick and considering
switching to Precise some day, if necessary. And I have never used
Banshee, ibus or the help.

But I highly doubt, that the 4 issues above, that I've discovered, are
regressions all together. Sounds unlikely. I'd hereby like to ask the
other translators in CC of this email on your behalf to give statements
regarding these issues, _if_ they know anything about this and if _they_
can tell, whether these are regressions or not – as far as they can
judge from the standpoint of maybe not speaking German or not using the
German locale or not using Natty or having used Natty before.

Thanks very much.

> Please get back to me.
> Regards Kenneth

[0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/LanguagePackUpdatesQA
[1] http://ubuntuone.com/4UYGB00UXF6wuCUUFrg7Cy
[2] http://ubuntuone.com/7jjSNxAETZqZWk5TzENq4h
[3] http://ubuntuone.com/2wjXKfrfwhDFQykeKpf5J7

Kind Regards,

--
Dennis Baudys

      email: thecondor@xxxxxxxx
 GPG key-ID: E4A9FB08
fingerprint: CB9A 86FF 1C20 0426 3912
             0276 3A78 E23F E4A9 FB08

Prüfer (vorübergehend inaktiv) im deutschen
Ubuntu-Übersetzer-Team

  launchpad: ~thecondordb