ubuntu-l10n-de-community team mailing list archive

Fwd: Re: Semi-mechanizing the DTTP translations

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: 	Re: Semi-mechanizing the DTTP translations
Datum: 	Tue, 18 Dec 2012 00:51:00 +0100
Von: 	Pierre Slamich <pierre.slamich@xxxxxxxxx>
An: 	Redmar <redmar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, lafeber-dumoleyn2@xxxxxxxxx
Kopie (CC): 	ubuntu-fr-l10n <ubuntu-fr-l10n@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ubuntu
Translators <ubuntu-translators@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Hannie, Hi Redmar,
Thanks a lot for the tips: we're interested in using your approach, and
more generally it might be interesting expending the msmerge approach to
all teams that are already underway for the DDTP, and the Google one to
the teams that need to get started.

- For the Google Translator Kit approach, I guess we could extend the
mock project we did for fr_FR to other languages (and streamlining our
process by using Bazaar) by creating a global team responsible for the
DDTP Mock project and including in this team one member from each
language team responsible for uploading the machine translated po for
his or her language.

- For the msmerge approach, do you already have a project to handle this
? Is there any advantage in msmerging raring against releases older than
quantal to get more modified strings ? How many strings have you been
able to recover using that approach ?  It might be neat to generate the
msmerged po for all languages ? Importing them as actual translations
(not fuzzy) into a mock project like the Google Translate one would show
them as suggestions for the actual DDTP as well.
The translator would thus be able to pick the human translated one when
available or to build on the machine translated one otherwise.

Can we try to schedule some time to coordinate on this so that we can
use both approaches and try to onboard all the other languages teams
once we have a rock-solid process ?

Pierre

Pierre Slamich
pierre.slamich@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:pierre.slamich@xxxxxxxxx>