ubuntu-l10n-de-community team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
[Bug 784656] Re: Cannot edit own translation suggestion
** Summary changed:
- Launchpad: Cannot edit own translation suggestion
+ Cannot edit own translation suggestion
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
German Translators (Community-Team), which is subscribed to the bug
Cannot edit own translation suggestion
Status in Launchpad itself:
Status in Ubuntu Translations:
When translating a project with restricted permissions, it is
impossible for translators, who don't have reviewer access, to change
their own suggestions. This creates a lot of additional work, because
(1) translators have to post a second or third suggestion, if they
make a mistake. Even if you check your translation before you submit
it, it can happen that you make mistakes.
(2) if there is several suggestions that just differ by a few, maybe
only one character, it's very difficult for reviewers to decide which
is the correct translation. It's like those pictures where you've to
find the mistake.
There's 2 possible solutions I can come up with:
(1) Make it possible for translators who don't have reviewer access to
edit only THEIR OWN suggestions.
(2) Make Launchpad somehow highlight differences in very similar
suggestions, maybe a light yellow background or whatever.
This affects Launchpad Translations in general.
To manage notifications about this bug go to: