From: "Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak" <lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 14 August 2015 16:27:34 CEST
To: Ubuntu Phone <ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ubuntu-translators@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Place for stable phone (vivid stable-phone-overlay) translations

Hello everyone!

We would like to finally announce the place where all our stable-phone
translations will be managed:

 https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu-rtm/15.04/

The Launchpad team created an ubuntu-rtm/15.04 translation distro-series
that will be used for managing, submitting and generating translations
for our stable phone channels. This means that if you want your
translations to be visible in phones flashed with the stable, rc or
rc-proposed channels, this is the place to go.
Currently the distro-series has all the recent touch package
translations copied over from wily - which for most cases should fit
what we have in the vivid stable-phone-overlay.

We encourage translators and other volunteers to help out in translation
coverage of all our supported languages.

Now some explanation for those interested in the details. As you know,
our stable phone channels use the vivid series as its base system,
overlaid with a special PPA called stable-phone-overlay. Because of that
'vivid' cannot be used as the translation place for our touch stacks as
all the newest changes are only present in the overlay PPA right now.
For everything to work, the Launchpad team added functionality to LP
itself to enable fetching translations from PPAs and created a separate
translation series just for this purpose.

So remember - if you see a string missing translations in your on your
stable phone, open up the URL above and submit your translation
propositions. Any help is welcome.

We will be running automatic weekly exports on Tuesdays, along with
automatic langpack-o-matic uploads of new language packs with all
translations on the next day. The exact hours will be announced as a
follow up around Monday next week. We are right now doing a base
translation export and will do a first langpack-o-matic manual run later
today to confirm everything is working from the infrastructure side.

Thank you for all your contribution!

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak