ubuntu-l10n-de-community team mailing list archive

Re: Call for testing: langpack updates for 20.04.2

Hello Dennis!

I'm worried it might be a bit too late now. I'll see what we can do,
but re-spinning language-packs is a process that requires a lot of
time - the translation export usually takes a few hours + the actual
package preparation is around 1.5h. Also, when refreshing the base
langpacks it's also not feasible to just refresh a single language,
because once those are out in -updates we need to mark a single export
as the 'official base' for all the future deltas. So we'd have to do
all the languages and then request a retest of those as well. And
tomorrow we plan building our first 20.04.2 release candidates, so
it's really really risky and tricky.

I know how this sounds, but is the current situation with the DE
langpack worse than what we have in the Ubuntu archives already? Is it
worse in comparison to 20.04.1?

Cheers,