ubuntu-l10n-en-shaw team mailing list archive

GNOME in Shavian

(Crossposted to ubuntu-l10n-en-shaw and shawalphabet)

We have had some problems using Ubuntu's Launchpad system to translate into
Shavian.  In the meantime, I have been working upstream to translate GNOME
into Shavian.  I have run all the message files through the transliterator,
and hand-checked some of them (so far, 19% of the total) before checking
them in.  You can see progress here:

http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/en%40shaw/gnome-2-30/ui/

As you see, there are many small pieces of translation left to check (less
than 50 messages) and a few very large ones (the Evolution mail client and
the Epiphany web browser being notable).

I would appreciate help in checking the remaining files.  Most of the
changes necessary are literal values or XML tags which have been converted
to Shavian (e.g. the word "small" in "<small>").

If anyone is interested, please email me at thomas at thurman.org.uk and
tell me which modules you would like to tackle; I will send you the current
transliterations to check.  Then if you send them back to me I will check
them in under your name.

Thomas