ubuntu-l10n-en-shaw team mailing list archive

𐑕𐑑𐑱𐑑 𐑝 𐑐𐑤𐑱 - State of play

𐑣𐑽 𐑦𐑟 𐑞 𐑕𐑑𐑱𐑑 𐑝 𐑐𐑤𐑱 𐑢𐑦𐑞 𐑖𐑱𐑝𐑾𐑯 𐑑𐑮𐑨𐑯𐑟𐑤𐑱𐑖𐑩𐑯.

𐑢𐑰 𐑸 𐑚𐑤𐑪𐑒𐑑 𐑨𐑑 𐑐𐑮𐑧𐑟𐑩𐑯𐑑 𐑚𐑦𐑒𐑪𐑟 ·𐑤𐑷𐑯𐑗𐑐𐑨𐑛 𐑒𐑨𐑯𐑪𐑑
𐑣𐑨𐑯𐑛𐑩𐑤 𐑤𐑨𐑙𐑜𐑢𐑦𐑡 𐑝𐑺𐑾𐑯𐑑𐑕.  𐑯𐑴𐑚𐑪𐑛𐑦 𐑕𐑰𐑥𐑟 𐑑 𐑢𐑪𐑯𐑑
𐑑 𐑦𐑒𐑕𐑐𐑤𐑱𐑯 𐑢𐑲 𐑯𐑪𐑑, 𐑹 𐑣𐑬 𐑢𐑰 𐑒𐑨𐑯 𐑓𐑦𐑒𐑕 𐑦𐑑.

𐑥𐑰𐑯𐑢𐑲𐑤, 𐑲 (·𐑑𐑪𐑥𐑩𐑕) 𐑣𐑨𐑝 𐑚𐑰𐑯 𐑑𐑮𐑨𐑯𐑟𐑤𐑱𐑑𐑦𐑙 ·𐑜𐑯𐑴𐑥
𐑳𐑐𐑕𐑑𐑮𐑰𐑥.  𐑩𐑚𐑬𐑑 75% 𐑝 𐑞 𐑛𐑧𐑕𐑒𐑑𐑪𐑐 𐑦𐑟 𐑯𐑬
𐑑𐑮𐑨𐑯𐑟𐑤𐑱𐑑𐑧𐑛:
http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/en%40shaw/gnome-2-30/ui/
𐑲 𐑔𐑦𐑙𐑒 𐑞𐑦𐑕 𐑒𐑵𐑛 𐑚𐑰 𐑩 𐑿𐑕𐑓𐑫𐑤 𐑚𐑱𐑕𐑦𐑕 𐑓𐑹 𐑩𐑯
·𐑵𐑚𐑵𐑯𐑑𐑵 𐑮𐑰𐑥𐑦𐑒𐑕, 𐑳𐑯𐑑𐑦𐑤 𐑢𐑰 𐑒𐑨𐑯 𐑜𐑧𐑑 ·𐑤𐑷𐑯𐑗𐑐𐑨𐑛
𐑑𐑩𐑜𐑧𐑞𐑼 𐑯 𐑣𐑨𐑝 𐑐𐑮𐑪𐑐𐑼 𐑤𐑨𐑙𐑐𐑨𐑒𐑕.
𐑢𐑪𐑑 𐑨𐑐𐑕 𐑛𐑵 𐑢𐑰 𐑯𐑰𐑛 𐑑 𐑑𐑮𐑨𐑯𐑟𐑤𐑱𐑑 𐑢𐑦𐑗 𐑸𐑯𐑑 𐑦𐑯
·𐑜𐑯𐑴𐑥?

·𐑑𐑪𐑥𐑩𐑕

Here is the state of play with Shavian translation.

We are blocked at present because Launchpad cannot handle language
variants.  Nobody seems to want to explain why not, or how we can fix it.

Meanwhile, I (Thomas) have been translating GNOME upstream.  About 75% of
the desktop is now translated:
http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/en%40shaw/gnome-2-30/ui/
I think this could be a useful basis for an Ubuntu remix, until we can get
Launchpad together and have proper langpacks.
What apps do we need to translate which aren't in GNOME?

Thomas

Follow ups