ubuntu-l10n-eo team mailing list archive

Re: Helpo por la TTTejo

>> 1) Create a front page in Esperanto describing the website (and a
>> small English description for the non-Esperanto speakers)
>
> Kial? Ili havas la cxefpagxon de Ubuntu (http://www.ubuntu.com). Ni povus
> almeti pagxon kun cxiuj oficialaj TTTejoj pri Ubuntu. Cxu ne?

Ubuntu yes but not anything about the Ubuntu-EO bit that we are
working on (and the various little projects).

> Al mi placxas MediaWiki, cxar cxiu povas sxangxi la enhavon, sed mi pensas,
> ke la plej bona ago por la cxefpagxo estas instalado de Drupal aux Joomla,
> por ke ni povas almeti tekstojn kaj dosierojn pri Ubuntu, ktp. Wordpress
> estas plitauxga por blogojn (cxu ni volas krei esperantan blogon pri
> Ubuntu?). Cxu oni povas krei cxefpagxon (kie almeti informojn) per Joomla
> aux Drupal kaj manlibro (kie almeti gvidojn) per MediaWiki?

Having hosted all of these, here are my opinions:

1) Wordpress is easy to install but it's not the most professional
looking tool for a page. It does, however, allow multiple people to
edit.
2) Drupal is very customizable and allows multiple people to edit. The
version I can install is locked down a bit in terms of configuration
so if it doesn't work we'd want to manually install it. (The benefit
of doing the package install is that it's upgradable with one click)
3) Joomla is complicated but I actually use this for other sites with
reasonably good luck. It's very well suited for multiple users but I
think it's overkill for our initial goals.

Yes, we can install multiple software packages. So we could have a
basic HTML front-end, an EO blog, and mediawiki with help contents.
Mediawiki and wordpress are also packages which I can press a button
and have them fully loaded and configured in a matter of minutes.

Joey