ubuntu-l10n-fy team mailing list archive

Re: [gnome-nl] New team for Western Frisian (fy)

Op dinsdag 20-04-2010 om 13:57 uur [tijdzone +0300], schreef Ihar
Hrachyshka:
> On Tue, 2010-04-20 at 00:17 +0200, Wouter Bolsterlee wrote:
> > [1] This also means we can just write e-mail follow-ups in Dutch... :)
> I don't think it's a good idea to send emails not in English to
> gnome-i18n if there is no real need. That way other participants can
> easily follow your discussions and possibly get new knowledge and
> experience.

Hello Ihar,

You quoted a part of my message out of context. I think you
misunderstood what I wrote, which is this:

> > This message is CC'ed to the Gnome-NL mailing list, and I think further
> > discussion is appropriate as a crossposted thread to both
> > <ubuntu-l10n-fy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> and <gnome-nl-list@xxxxxxxxx>. The
> > out.
> > [...]
> > [1] This also means we can just write e-mail follow-ups in Dutch... :)

As you can see, I did *not* suggest to send non-English mail to
gnome-i18n@. Almost the opposite, actually: I suggested to use Dutch for
follow-ups, but *leave out* gnome-i18n@ in that case.

I hope this clarifies the misunderstanding. It seems we agree about
using only English on gnome-i18n@. For that reason I even translated the
single Dutch sentence in my previous mail into English! :)

Sincerely,

    — Wouter