ubuntu-l10n-te team mailing list archive

Ubuntu User Guide(e-book) in Telugu released with content from Telugu Wikibooks

Hi Friends,

You may have seen the press release of canonical announcing support
for 10 Indian languages

http://www.andhrabuzz.com/viewnews.php?newsid=ubuntu_operating_system_now_in_telugu_16920&category=Technology

I would like to acknowledge the support of Ubuntu,   Debian, Document
foundation  and Telugu computing (Telugu Padam mailing list)
contributors for this milestone. I would like to name specifically
Christian PERRIER (Debian) and  David Planella and Colin Watson
(Ubuntu) and  Andras Timar (Document foundation)  for their timely
help in supporting Localisation initiative.  I also thank Prakash
Advani for help  with PR. I acknowledge the contribution of Ubuntu
Telugu localisation team  with  special thanks to Pravin Illa who
contributed a large share of the translations in Ubuntu launchpad.

I am glad to report the release of Ubuntu User Guide(e-book) in Telugu
with content from Telugu wikibooks.

Content from wikibooks was imported using Open document format import
feature of print/export feature  and the layout was done using
Libreoffice 3.3.
Having the source content in Wikibooks makes the content searchable on
Internet and the e-book serves to access the content in a book form..
You can see my blog post in Telugu with links to e-book and
screenshots used in the e-book.

http://teluginux.blogspot.com/2011/04/blog-post.html
Telugu wikibook root page: http://tinyurl.com/3ff2wf8

I feel the popularity of Web in local languages will be closely to
tied to use of computer in native language. I would like to see
efforts from other language computing and FOSS enthusiasts and would
be interested in collaborative efforts  in this direction.

Cheers
Arjuna Rao Chavala
Ubuntu Telugu Localisation Coordinator
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-te