ubuntu-lgbt team mailing list archive

Re: #ubuntu-offtopic policies kerfuffle

On Tue, 2009-06-02 at 22:28 -0700, Robert Wall wrote:

> The discussion of issues with sexuality, !o4o, IRC Guidelines, and
> #ubuntu-offtopic on the ubuntu-lgbt list died down about a month ago.

It continued apace on the Community Council mailing list, with much back
and forth between the parties.  It was agreed that it should make it
clear that it's the hostility about these topics that is not acceptable,
then it was a matter of finding a way of expressing that within the IRC
line-length rules.

The new text is:

Some topics are controversial and often end in negativity. Take care on
subjects like war, race, religion, politics, gender, sexuality, drugs,
potentially illegal activities and suicide. The topics are not banned;
stating your position is ok, but trolling, baiting, hostility or
repetition are not. If you are asked to stop, do so politely. Disputes
to !appeals, please adhere to !Freenode Policy and the !CodeOfConduct.

I think that this makes it clear that sexuality is not a banned topic,
but hostility against it is.  What do others think?

Scott
--
Scott James Remnant
scott@xxxxxxxxxx