ubuntu-manual-website team mailing list archive

Re: [Ubuntu-manual] Plans for the websites

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 12:52 AM, Kevin Godby <godbyk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Ilya Haykinson <haykinson@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > I would add to this "Create a way to read the manual online", i.e. embed
> > some flash-based PDF display, to let people without a PDF reader look
> > through our manual.
>
> You could embed Google's PDF viewer on our website:
>
>  https://docs.google.com/viewer
>
> I think it'll be a lot more interesting when we have an HTML version
> of the manual online, though.  (I've got some ideas there.)
>
> *Just not the Flash for God's sake!
*Google's Viewer can do the basic rendering (text and images), but links
(chapter, index, glossary, ...) doesn't work.
I agree with Kevin - HTML edition (we nevertheless consider from beginning)
would be the best for online reading.