Meeting summary now on Wiki + other things

Hi everyone,

Thankyou all for attending last night, that was excellent. I think we
had a pretty good turnout, but I have made a summary of the meeting
anyway for people who couldn't make it:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-manual#Project Meeting 02/01/2010

Log is here: http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2010/01/02/%23ubuntu-meeting.html

Sorry that it took so long - we did have a lot to get through, but
thankfully we now have a clear picture of how the project is going to
progress and at least we've all met each other.

Could I request that someone who knows a bit about LaTeX, perhaps
joemburgess, write up a short LaTeX howto here?
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-manual#Technical Details

Also - might be worth mentioning you actually need to have LaTeX
installed to run make :) Could you specify exactly what package is
needed?

One thing that I forgot about completely to talk about last night was
appointing another administrator to the Launchpad Project. At the
moment I'm the only administrator, which might get a bit hectic as we
get more blueprints and bug reports as the content starts to develop.
I'd also like to focus some more on actually writing content, which I
haven't been able to do recently due to writing the wiki and
organizing Launchpad and meetings.

Basically being an administrator entitles you to editing anything on
Launchpad, changing approvers, merging branches, changing blueprint
priorities, triaging bugs etc etc

If someone would like to apply for it, and we can have a bit of a vote
on the person - applicants should be someone who is committed to the
project and is prepared to see it through all the way to Lucid and
beyond. Ryan Macnish and Jamin Day - you guys seem to be passionate
about the project, I'd like to nominate either of you.

Also, everyone awesome work on the LaTeX stuff - I can't believe it's
gone from revision 11 to 22 in a day and a half! It's great to see the
pace picking up.

Oh and one other thing that I'd like some feedback on, the wiki is
getting fairly long - and the table of contents to the right is also
getting pretty huge - should I get rid of the table of contents, or
perhaps create some new wiki pages for some of the information?

Keep up the good work,
--
Benjamin Humphrey

humphreybc@xxxxxxxxx