Re: Ubuntu Learning Project and Ground Control

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 2:54 AM, Benjamin Humphrey <humphreybc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It is my understanding that their project uses docbook.

Just to clarify, we're actually using asciidoc in the Ubuntu Community
Learning Project, which we export to docbook for generation into other
formats. As I mentioned in channel this morning, we selected this due
to the low barrier to entry for new folks (asciidoc syntax is similar
to wiki syntax) and the ability to easily convert it to docbook with
scripts Martin has written gives us all the benefits of docbook.

More about the format decision from back when we were discussing it is
up on Martin's blog:
http://doctormo.wordpress.com/2009/09/21/document-formats-for-learning-materials/

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2