Ubuntu Learning Project and Ground Control

Hi everyone,

I've been talking with Martin Owens from the Ubuntu Learning
Project<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Learning/> about
collaborating with us. The Ubuntu Learning Project is designed to help new
Ubuntu adopters, both individual users, and organisations, with Ubuntu
training. The long term goal of the project is to organize teaching, but
this is not possible until the content is in place. Of course organizations
can run their own classes on Ubuntu using our content.

The content and material is formatted and displayed in a way that would be
easy to integrate into physical real-life or online classes and help
sessions, and is topical based so that instructors/teachers can easily run a
series of classes.

Obviously there is a huge opportunity there for collaboration between our
project and the Learning project, as we cross over on at least one topic.
After we have finished creating a lot of our content, it will be shared with
the Learning project to be distributed to a wider audience - and in return
we would get an even more "official status" and recognition in the community
as the Learning project is sponsored and supported by Canonical.

Martin Owens has personally requested help from our team to transpose our
content into the Learning project after we have finished our Lucid final
release milestone. I have offered to help convert some of our content
across, and I'd like some more people to volunteer to help as well - it
won't take long. It is my understanding that their project uses docbook.

As an aside, Martin would also like some Python programmers to help with his
personal project, Ground Control.
<https://edge.launchpad.net/groundcontrol> The
aim of Ground Control is to seamlessly integrate launchpad and bzr into
nautilus in the form of a plugin, to aid in project management and also to
move away from relying on the command line to push and pull branches,
thereby making it easier for new contributors to understand the process for
submitted new revisions.

If there are any Python programmers around then I would definitely recommend
helping out this project - it's an excellent project and is something that
is needed in Ubuntu.

For those who can't see Gmail hyperlinks:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Learning/
https://launchpad.net/groundcontrol

--
Benjamin Humphrey