Re: Printable area

On Wed, 2010-01-27 at 16:27 -0600, Wolter Hellmund wrote:

> I think that we should create a separate version of the titlepage for
> printing only, which will be simple, and maybe even graphic-less.

I'm starting to worry about an influx of version. There's already A4,
letter, both in one and double sided editions. All that per language.
And don't you want this shipped with Ubuntu ideally? More than one
version won't fly, translations will be an issue already.

> The reason I propose this, is because if we oblige ourselfs to add a
> thick white margin to our coverpage, not only will it look bad, but it
> will also save no ink from the user who is printing the manual. Now, in
> case somebody had the right equipment, he would have no problems in
> printing without margins.

I don't think it's a given that a white margin has to look bad. We
should not follow that urge to *fill* the page.

Even with fills to the edge, any text should stay out of the 5mm (plus a
little something) area.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: