Re: translation updates

Hello again Josh. ;)
Please notice, that since you pushed another update to Rosetta *a lot* of
already translated strings disappeared again. For example as far as I know
in previous version there was 275 translated strings, in the current version
there are *only* 128 translated strings. That's pretty suck. :(
I know that Rosetta behaves logically - when editor changes string then
Rosetta probably thinks that the old string is no longer presented and new
one appeared with *no relation* to the old one .

But it would be marvelous if would Rosetta compare these strings (old and
new) and then, based on how much new string differs from the old one, will
add the old original and old translated string to the new string for example
as "a suggestion" or "previous translation".

I know that it probably isn't so useful for ordinary application
translating, but for our case it is quite essential and would ease work for
a number of translators.

If you have the power to make it happen or at least put it in mind of
Rosetta developers it would be just great.

For your reminder, here's our jabber conversation from 16th of Jan:

> 5:05 PM me: Hi Josh
> 5:07 PM I'm Czech translator for Ubuntu-Manual. I'd like to ask you, how
> you proceed with that Launchpad-updating thing.
> 5:08 PM If you don't know what I mean, it's described in "new strings to
> translate" mail thread.
> 5:10 PM Josh: oh, sorry
>    I thought I posted to that thread but it didn't show up
> 5:11 PM It turned out to be something to do with the names of the po files
>   I think I sorted it out, is there still a problem
>   ?
> 5:12 PM me: I don't know if it will happen in the future. I hope not. ;)
>   But I rather hoped that you can tell me. ;)
> 5:13 PM Josh: It was to do with how launchpad imports the already-done
> translations from the bzr repo
>  me: You see, most of translations stopped on 13th because of that. I
> think, they're as unsure as I am.
> 5:14 PM Josh: it only looks at files called cz.po, but they were called
> ubuntu-manual-cz.po
> 5:16 PM me: So now every translator have to copy or retranslate already
> translated strings. And for the future, can you promise me, that it won't
> happen again?
>  Josh: well, I can't promise anything, but I'm reasonably sure I fixed it
> ;)
>  me: Good for me. ;)
> 5:18 PM And the last thing. Will you post this explanation (affirmation)
> to the thread or should I do it?
>  Josh: oh, I'll do it
>  me: ok, thank you very much and have a nice day ;)
>  Josh: you too :)

---
Regards
Martin Lukeš
P.S.: Please keep the communication history