Re: translation updates

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 01:00:41PM +0100, Martin Lukeš wrote:
> Hello again Josh. ;)
> Please notice, that since you pushed another update to Rosetta *a lot* of
> already translated strings disappeared again. For example as far as I know
> in previous version there was 275 translated strings, in the current version
> there are *only* 128 translated strings. That's pretty suck. :(
> I know that Rosetta behaves logically - when editor changes string then
> Rosetta probably thinks that the old string is no longer presented and new
> one appeared with *no relation* to the old one .
>
> But it would be marvelous if would Rosetta compare these strings (old and
> new) and then, based on how much new string differs from the old one, will
> add the old original and old translated string to the new string for example
> as "a suggestion" or "previous translation".
>
> I know that it probably isn't so useful for ordinary application
> translating, but for our case it is quite essential and would ease work for
> a number of translators.
>
> If you have the power to make it happen or at least put it in mind of
> Rosetta developers it would be just great.

I think the main problem at the moment is that there is a lot of flux at
the moment with the content being written. Hopefully, we should be able
to freeze on the writing a week or two before the big release and allow
a bit of stability to let the translators have a fair crack at it.

With regard to Launchpad recognising more general translations, I
recommend filing a bug here: https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/rosetta/+filebug
against the translation bit of Launchpad.

--
Josh "dutchie" Holland <jrh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.joshh.co.uk/