Re: Comments on the Prolog

Hi Jamin,

I don't know that I can commit to being responsible for an entire chapter
right now, (I've got a full-time job and a family and some other community
work that I do). Ilya has given me some piece of chapter 2 to get my feet
wet and get up to speed. Once I get to that point, I'll be more comfortable
taking an editorial role for an entire chapter. If you need someone to
"simply" proofread, similar to what I've already done (and not get into the
source files), I can give a lot more pages a once over. To be honest, it
will probably take me most of the next 2 weeks to get up to speed on all
your tools, as I'm unfamiliar with all of them.

If I can be put to better use doing proofreading/editing for the current
release, I'm happy to do so. Otherwise, I'll do the sections that Ilya
assigned to me this week, which was this:

"I think something that is smallish enough that you could help would be a
portion of the "Around your desktop" chapter.

Currently we'll need a section there that's kind of as follows:

   - Customizing your desktop
      - Appearance
      - Windows
      - Screensaver
   - Accessibility
      - Assistive technologies"

I will be loading the 10.04 alpha on a VM probably tomorrow (if not
tonight), and I'll use the Manual for instructions (and let y'all know how
that turns out).

I don't want to say "no" to you right off the bat, but I also don't want to
commit to something that I can't deliver. I'll know better in a few days or
so. (This is my first Open source project - I'm going for a toe in the water
first, instead of jumping in the deep end).

Best,
Wendy

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 6:48 PM, Jamin Day
<jaminday+ubuntu@xxxxxxxxx<jaminday%2Bubuntu@xxxxxxxxx>