Please post an outline of your chapter!

Dear writers and editors,

It's been a bit difficult to understand how much of each chapter is already
written and how much is still missing. It's also been difficult to ensure
that the chapters will end up covering everything that they need to cover,
in a logical order.

The reason is that few of you have finished your chapters, and few of you
have provided complete outlines for the order of the chapter.

The table of contents (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-manual/TableOfContents)
does cover some of the items that you should include in your chapters, but
it is not complete and it is not meant to actually reflect the specific
chapter order, or titles of subsections, etc.

I would like each chapter's writers to put together an outline of their
chapter (at the section, or subsection level, as necessary) on the Wiki,
including sections already written and sections not yet written. You can see
two examples at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-manual/Blueprints/DefaultAppsand
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-manual/Blueprints/Hardware (see the
"suggested order" and "proposed structure" portions of these pages).

I put these together to organize thoughts on how the chapters should be
structured, and helped identify some issues. For example, while chapter 4
(hardware) already includes some hardware preferences, it also included
coverage of desktop preferences. Once I put together the outline of the
chapter, it became obvious that the desktop preferences do not belong in
chapter 4 and instead belong in chapter 2, and they have been moved there.

Once you put together your outline, we can have an open discussion about the
completeness and order of the chapter, and can track your progress.

Can everyone please do this in the next two or three days? Just create a
sub-page under Blueprints, and link to it from the Table of Contents and
from your individual blueprint.

Thanks!

-ilya haykinson

Follow ups