TRANSLATIONS CHANGE

Hi everyone,

We are going to switch translation permissions from OPEN to STRUCTURED.
(https://help.launchpad.net/Translations/YourProject/PermissionPolicies)

As it has been so far, we've been set on open translation permissions
meaning that anyone can add translations. Some people have just been copy
and pasting from Google's language translation feature, and because of this
we have got some low-quality translations.

So what we're going to do is set the permissions for translations to
structured. Which means:

"*Structured:* if your project's translation group has assigned an
individual or team to a particular language, only that person or members of
that team can review and accept translation strings for that language.
Anyone can suggest a translation for those languages, though. For languages
that don't have an appointed team/individual within your translation group,
anyone can directly submit a translation."

So, if you're translating your language and you think you deserve to be the
person in charge of that language - apply to become assigned to your
language. You can also assign the translations for your language to a
translation team that's already set up on Launchpad.

Also, feel free to use a part of our wiki as a "sandbox" or area for
communication for your team. The Lithuanian team has already done that, you
can see their page here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-manual/lithuanian

Thanks for all your hard work! Keep it up =)

--
Benjamin Humphrey

Ubuntu Manual Project Leader
Dunedin, New Zealand