Introducing Quickshot

Hi guys,

I'd just like to introduce
Quickshot<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-manual/quickshot>[1],
a sub-project of UMP (Ubuntu Manual Project) that I've recently started.

I'm just going to copy the introduction from the wiki, and if you want to
read some more about it, you can visit the wiki page. I've hand-drawn some
UI mockups with a pencil as well. I think it'll not only be useful for our
team but also for a lot of other documentation projects that require a lot
of screenshots in multiple languages. Think a simpler version of "Shutter"
but with some extra features that allow it to automate things like dpi,
resolution, file name and type and also the location it sends the images to.

================================

*Introduction:*

Quickshot is a program designed for capturing a large number of screenshots
in different languages. It's principally designed for use with the Ubuntu
Manual Project, but should be able to be tweaked for different projects and
uses.

*Purpose:*

For the Ubuntu Manual Project, we have around 30 screenshots in our
publication. That publication is translated into over 40 different
languages, and we need the screenshots to also be translated. 30 x 40 = 1200
screenshots that would otherwise manually have to be captured, cropped,
resized and set to the correct dpi - then uploaded into some sort of
consistent and organized structure.

Also, due to the tight timeframe that our project has, we need to get these
screenshots in around two months - which means there will be a lot of people
getting screenshots. The more people working on it, the less efficient it
is. It becomes harder to teach them all the correct way of doing things, and
the likelihood of errors increases.

Quickshot is designed to simplify and automate a lot of this process.

================================

Here's the wiki page with some mockup sketches:

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-manual/quickshot

Kind Regards,
--
Benjamin Humphrey